Join Our Team - Stauffer’s Biscuit Company is hiring 2nd and 3rd shift Packers!
The event will be 2 days – July 21st and July 22nd from 9:00am – 4:00pm
360 South Belmont Street York, PA 17403
- Must call to schedule 717-472-8770 to schedule an interview time
- Must wear a mask, social distancing will be in place, temperature check and screening required
- Completing online application prior to the event is strongly encouraged and will speed up the process
- Dress code is casual
When you arrive at the event please wait in your car until a member of the Stauffer’s team checks you in and performs a temperature check and short questionnaire.
The primary function of a Packer is to prepare packaging materials and pack finished products in accordance with packaging specifications. The Packer must be able to work at varying speeds based on different equipment and production rates in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works well with others, fostering a team atmosphere.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area at all times.
- Comply with all GMP requirements.
- Consistently meets packing line speed standards without assistance.
- Prepares cartons and/or trays needed for packaging of finished product.
- Understands how to properly stack finished product, including displays for appearance.
- Understands how to properly label cartons and packaging for appearance and location.
- Inspect finished product and remove out of specification and defective pieces prior to packing.
- Assist with break relief as needed.
- Knowledge of reworking and repacking process.
- Assist or oversee the training of new employees.
- Assisting with changeovers, machine setup and cleaning.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and record written instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Notify Supervision of any issues.
- Must adhere/comply with all Company policies, procedures and practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
A Packer will be accountable to the Production Supervisor for fulfillment of his or her duties. The performance of a Packer will be measured to the degree of his or her production levels and quality of work performed in these assigned areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and lift up to 35 lbs. Occasional exposure to airborne dust, high humidity and extremes of hot and cold are possible. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Meiji America/ D.F. Stauffer’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Click "Apply" to learn more
Location/Region: York, PA